09 June 2013

Reader Under The Spotlight - Sarah

Hey everyone, my names Sarah and I’m known as Filofaxingagain on YouTube and Blogger! I’m quite newish as I started becoming obsessed with Filofax in December of last year! I am a Children’s Book Illustrator/Contemporary Artist and part time health worker living in Essex. I studied Illustration at the Cambridge School Of Art and achieved a B A Hon’s Degree in 2007. I love studying Criminology and watching hundreds of documentaries. I’m a big believer in UFOs and love to watch the stars at night. I use to hate pink with a passion but now I absolutely love it and I don’t know why! I love Filofaxes and I love reading Philofaxy. Being organised makes me work better and feel good ;-)

If you enjoy Filofax related blogs please follow me on Blogger

You can also subscribe to my YouTube channel

1.    When did you buy your first Filofax and what was it?

I bought my first Filofax nearly 9 years ago it was a pocket Identity in black. I only recently found it in a bin liner in my garden shed. I’m pretty ashamed of myself for keeping it like that but I had no idea I’d had it.

2. What other brands have you used or considered using?

I still use Moleskine but for their sketchbooks only, I love the quality and thickness of the paper. I also own a Paperchase organiser, which I hardly use!

3. Out of the organisers you own which is your current favourite (Style and Size)?

My current favourite has to be the Finsbury in A5 due to the large ring size and the texture of the leather. My favourite in personal size has to be my purple Finchley. I love to decorate the pages in my personal but tend to mostly use my larger A5 binder.

4. How many Filofax organisers do you own?

I’m a complete addict and get bored very easily! I have 24 Filofaxes and counting! I will use one for around a month, get bored and then use another. 

5. What is the oldest Filofax in your collection?

The pocket identity, it still contains a diary insert dating back to 2004!

6. What do you use your Filofax for?

I use it for everyday things like appointments/bills/meetings/training/briefs and anything in-between! Since becoming obsessed with Filofaxes I’ve become extremely organised and now remember my friends birthdays! YAY :D

7. What was the feature about Filofax you like most?

The choice of different style and colour binders! A binder to suit everyone.

8. If you could design your own Filofax what would it feature?

My Filofax would feature my own trendy artwork on the front printed onto leather! It would have a large ring size, two elasticated pen loops for larger thicker pens! The leather would have to be quite soft so you could easily slot in your cards or sheets of paper without them getting screwed up. The leather has to smell nice and feel good just like the Malden Filofax.

9. How do you carry your Filofax?

My personal sized Filofax comes with me in my bag and my A5 stays on my bed…usually! If you mean carry it, I would hold it against me or under my arm.

10. Which Filofax in the current range do you like the most? Are you going to buy it?

In the current range I like the Original and I have already bought it. If I like something I buy it without any hesitation. I need some seriously help with this problem!

11. What is the most you have ever spent on a Filofax? Which model?

I spent a massive £180 on Amazon for the personal sized black Regency. I have no regrets!

12. What's your favourite Filofax tip or hack?

I don’t really know of any hacks but I usually get some pretty useful ideas on YouTube videos! My favourite was to use a flyleaf on the current week or day I’m on. Then I can stick sticky notes or shopping lists on it instead of the paper.

13. Turning to Philofaxy, what do you like the most?

I like how it has mostly everything to do with Filofaxes on here and is more less the social network for Filofax fans! Everyone is so friendly.

14. And what do you not like about Philofaxy?

There’s nothing I don’t like but I have a suggestion! It would be great if you had a Philofaxy live chat room? << We have now got one!!!

15. What was the last music track you downloaded or bought?

My phone’s memory has been deleted when I updated the software so I have no music as yet. When I’m not working I tend to use the radio channel on Spotify!

16.  Mark Darcy or Daniel Cleaver?

Mark Darcy!

Thank you Sarah for volunteering to step under our spotlight . Of course if anyone else would like to take part in this long standing feature on Philofaxy, please contact us at: philofaxy at gmail dot com

10 comments:

  1. Hello there Sarah! That's quite a collection you have there! Great to get to know you more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Jennifer and you too! Love all your videos.xx

      Delete
  2. Hi Sarah! It was nice reading about you! I'm off to visit your blog and YouTube channel. I had to laugh when I read about how you immediately buy something when you like it. I put myself through torture when I like something! I'll think about it and think about it and try to justify it....knowing the whole time that I'm going to eventually buy it. Recently I've become more like you! There were two planners that I *really* wanted...I took some time with the first and when it came to the second, I just immediately purchased it. Torture gone!

    Nice to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Dem, Nice to meet you! haha I must admit, I had a bad month when I was actually getting really concerned about my addiction to spending. I would spend hours buying tons of stationary and then would get to the checkout or basket if i was online and think (I really don't need any of this) then suddenly hit the x button haha. I really do need to control my spending. When I see something I don't have I immediately WANT WANT WANT haha.

      Sarah.x

      Delete
  3. Lovely to 'meet' you , Sarah :)
    What a great collection you have & I hope you enjoy your Original!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Anita, lovely to meet you too! I love the Original although Ive changed into my Cubans for a little while. :-D x Ive ordered a new Filofax (LOL) the Saffiano! I cant wait to move into this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great to read about you:-). I'm actually a subscriber on youtube. Love your videos. I also have a lot of planners but from other brands too. I'm now trying to decide which size to buy, personal size or a5? The original, fluroscent pink to go with my Lv agenda or the fuchsia? Any advice?


    Take care!

    Emi from itsbyemi on youtube

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great to read about you:-). I'm actually a subscriber on youtube. Love your videos. I also have a lot of planners but from other brands too. I'm now trying to decide which size to buy, personal size or a5? The original, fluroscent pink to go with my Lv agenda or the fuchsia? Any advice?


    Take care!

    Emi from itsbyemi on youtube

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Emi! Thanks so much :-D

    I think personally my favourite sized planner would be personal. It fits best for my needs as I dont usually have a lot of meetings or things to write down. I think my a5 is too big but unfortunetly i have to use it as i bought very expensive day on a page inserts and dont want to waste them. The pink original is prob the best! The colour reallly stands out, so much fun! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Emi! Thanks so much :-D

    I think personally my favourite sized planner would be personal. It fits best for my needs as I dont usually have a lot of meetings or things to write down. I think my a5 is too big but unfortunetly i have to use it as i bought very expensive day on a page inserts and dont want to waste them. The pink original is prob the best! The colour reallly stands out, so much fun! :-D

    ReplyDelete