10 January 2016

Readers Favourite Organiser - Maria

Thank you to Maria for sharing with us her favourite organiser. 

1. What is your favorite organizer (Make/model/size)?

My favorite organizer would be the Malden Personal size from Filofax. But I also love the Gillio Medium Compagna. I am always back and forward with both these models. I have a love/hate relation with them. At one point I want the Malden, and then I want the Compagna.

2. How long have you owned it?

I own the Malden since 2012. And the Compagna I think since 2014.

3. What is it that you like about it so much? 

I love the layout of the Malden. All those pockets in the front! And I love the back pocket, where you can add a notepad or your phone or extra papers. The possibilities are endless. And behind the back pocket there is an additional pocket, where you can put more things. The Malden is a workhorse. Without putting a lot of strength on the rings, you can put a lot of things in the planner.

Because of all the pockets, the Malden can be a used as a planner/wallet combo. I miss, thou, the full back pocket for receipts or paper money. And that is where the Compagna comes in the pictures.

I love the back pocket and the better zipped pocket for cash money or paper clips or whatever small thing you want to put in a zipped pocket.

As I use my planner both as planner and wallet I am always struggling with both planners.

One more detail of the Malden that I like is the contrast stitching on the Malden. The white and the purple is such a beautiful combination.

4. Do you use it all the time? 

My planner is used ALL THE TIME! As I use it also as wallet, I have it with me all the time. I use the planner for scheduling, as a wallet, notebook, brain dump, address book, financial book. You name it and it is in my planner. I like to use one book for everything. I do not like to use different books for the same. My brain gets confuse and I miss appointments, lose notes. And that is just the reason why I wanted a planner: on place to put all my appointments, notes, etc. in.

5. Do you think the design could be improved in any way? How?

Someone mention it, I do not recall who that was: the Malden and the Compagna should get together and have a love baby. I think the Malden is a very good planner, but it would be perfectr with the zipped pocket and the full length pocket of the Compagna. And please make the Malden lay flat immediately from the box. That would be my ultimate planner.

And here are some photos of my favourite organiser.








Thank you Maria. 

If you would like to share with us the details of your favourite organiser, please contact steve @ philofaxy dot com 

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the pictures! The pockets on the Gillio feel very whimsical to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved this post, because she and I have the same planner style, and the same planner dilemmas! (Compagna vs. Malden). I am also a huge believer in the "all in one book" philosophy, because otherwise I lose important info and things get way too confusing. I use all my personal size planners as wallets too, and I only use one at a time for work, personal, everything. I'm currently favoring the Compagna because of the many pockets & flaps. I just wish it had the option to purchase with 23mm rings, to reduce bulk, and also a slightly longer strap.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohh, I know that dilemma too well. I love my Original for its simplicity, but my FC Compact Boston has the Larger rings (stuff-ability). Then there's my Kate Spade. My feet are firmly planted in the Indecision boat.

    ReplyDelete