24 March 2016

The Hitch Hikers Guide to the Plannerverse - Episode 5

Why would you pay more than double the price of a Filofax?

Show Notes (timings approximate)

02:00 - Other brands
04:00 - Getting to know the people in the companies
05:30 - The differences - Gillio
06:40 - Van der Spek
07:30 - Van der Spek Touch Me
08:15 - Krause Rings
09:30 - Filofax production methods
11:20 - Consumer Law differences
12:15 - Quality
12:30 - Why would you spend more
15:00 - Telling the difference
16:30 - LV planners
17:10 - Exclusivity - knowing the people
18:00 - Buying quality products
19:00 - Pride
19:30 - Colour variation on top quality products
21:45 - Quality points to note
23:00 - Inflated prices...
24:00 - Personal service
24:45 - Support groups  Filofax, Gillio, Van der Spek
27:30 - How to afford a luxury planner - Gillio Van der Spek sales groups
29:30 - Decide the correct size before you make the expensive

Episode 5 - Why would you pay more than double the price of a Filofax


A direct download is also available here: Episode5.mp3



Presenters - Steve Morton and Karine Tovmassian
Our Websites: http://philofaxy.com and http://thestreamlinedlife.blogspot.com

Naturally we would love to hear your feedback on the podcast.

If you have ideas for future episodes please send them to steve at philofaxy dot com

Previous Episodes:

Episode 4 - Using Your Planner To Create Small and Permanent Habit Changes.
Episode 3 - A Multi Plannerverse: Getting on with two or more planners.
Episode 2 - Where to start your planning journey and why....
Episode 1 - What size and why....


6 comments:

  1. Enjoyed that episode a lot thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you call them support groups, like we're all members of PA (planners anonymous). Surely you're legally obligated to refer to them as enabler groups. Truth in advertising and all that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you call them support groups, like we're all members of PA (planners anonymous). Surely you're legally obligated to refer to them as enabler groups. Truth in advertising and all that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very enjoyable episode! I feel I must emphasize that high-ticket planners may not be for everyone. I am currently using a second-hand Franklin planner which is serving me very well, is very well made of high-quality materials, and functionally is everything I need it to be. It's not glamorous. I think the high-end planners can be difficult because they cost so much; a lot of people seem to be afraid of using them for fear of damaging something they paid so much for.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very enjoyable. I admit this was the first of the series I have listened to and I will definitely listen to the prior ones. The word "pride" came up which means so much to me every time I handle my VDS.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you. Very informative - I'm off to listen to more!

    ReplyDelete