19 April 2009

Customer Record

Here's a Personal-size leaf from 1996 that showed up on The Daily Planner, so of course I snapped it up. I don't know how long these legacy leaves will be available. All I can recommend is checking back to the site fairly frequently as I do.

I'm fascinated by this form because it can hold so much information. Basically, there's a space for everything you need to know about one of your customer's accounts. I'm especially fascinated by the back side (click the image to get access to it). There's a table for tracking several years' worth of monthly purchase amounts, like a miniature Excel spreadsheet.

I've learned two things from this form:
1) At one time, it was truly possible to conduct all of your business with a Personal Filofax (this form is copyright 1996).
2) To be useful to me, I'd need this form on a larger sheet of paper. I know many Filofax purists decry the additional sizes like A4, A5, and the defunct Deskfax, but for me, I'd need this in at least an A5 to find it usable.

In other news, I calmed down on my format crisis when I realized that I don't have to do everything all at once. I've decided to stick with the A5 format "for now." I've ordered the pieces I need to implement the DayRunner forms that worked for me—a month-on-two-pages and a day-per-page calendar.

11 comments:

  1. i just picked up a pack of these at my local refill store in town they had more left at about 5$. checked and mine are dated 1996 too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Updated versions in A4/A5 format also available here:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/filofax/files/ for you to print off yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Also available here:
    http://diyplanner.com/node/6518

    Regards
    Steve

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Nan, I don't seem to be able to get to view the back side of this with the XL-like table. Is there another photo somewhere? Its just what I need for my current role. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Paul
    It's in the Files page A4/A5 and Personal sizes
    Steve

    ReplyDelete
  6. Steve, I downloaded the personal and A5 file, but I can't see this curious reverse side mentioned by Nan. I'd love to see what the spreadsheet looks like, as I have been struggling for quite a while to come up with a suitable Customer Record (although my need is actually for Business Partners, so very slightly different). I clicked on Nan's image and it opens a photostream document, but only Side 1 is showing. Do you or Nan have an image of the other side? Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Paul
      The reverse side is partially shown in the Filofax Fact book. I can have a go at recreating the reverse side in both sizes, but you might want something different anyway.
      Regards
      Steve

      Delete
    2. Paul
      Both sizes updated to include what I think the reverse looks like, the bottom of the page is shielded so I've just had to guess what it looks like, but you can of course change any of it to suit your own needs.
      Regards
      Steve

      Delete
  7. Ah. Now I see what Nan means. That is a really useful thing for me, as I can track the sales of Business Partners. I will probably amend it to show a quarter, as some of them have a lot of smaller deals. Plus, the focus on quarterly targets is a lot heavier. Thanks very much, Steve.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ah, now I see what Nan meant. This is great, and I can use this to track Quarterly deals, so I will amend it once I get 5 minutes and send you the WORD document. Thanks very much, Steve.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Paul,
    Older posts are automatically locked for comment moderation.
    Steve

    ReplyDelete