04 May 2014

Reader Under The Spotlight - Chen 琛

Today I would like to introduce you all to Chen 

Hello Philofaxers!
My Internet name is “fish” or “DIYfish” and my behind the scenes name is Chen 琛 which means treasure. I am from Shanghai and have been living in Singapore the Garden City for more than 10 years with my husband and 2 kids, 3 and 8.

1. When did you buy your first Filofax and what was it?

I can’t remember when I bought my first Filofax. I placed the order through Ebay and received my very first Filofax – the lovely Pink Finsbury Personal on 22 Feb, 2012.

2. What other brands have you used or considered using?

Wow, that won’t be a short list. If I can include non-binders, I have used Midori Travelers Notebooks, Midori Paper Notebooks (for sketches), HOBONICHIs, Hello Kitty Binder. And on my wish list, for now, I have Gillio, Van der Spek, Mulberry, Franklin Covey, kikosattic’s leather binders.

3. Out of the organisers you own which is your current favorite (Style and Size)?

Malden. Always Malden. I am transferring from Personal to Pocket size. I love Pocket size so much. But Malden is a bit too soft when I have to hold it with one hand and write. I am considering a holborn pocket size too because of the pockets.

4. How many Filofax organisers do you own?

I have 6 for now. They are A5: Chameleon Sprint Green; Personal: Malden Aqua, Finsbury Pink, Deco Ivory; Pocket: Malden Aqua, Amazona Red

5. What is the oldest Filofax in your collection?

I believe it should be my first buy, the Pink Finsbury Personal.

6. What do you use your Filofax for?

Wow, I use my Filofax for everything that can be written down or stuck on paper. It’s my planner, journal book, notebook.

7. What was the feature about Filofax you like most?

I like the flexibility of the rings. I can always add-in, take out or re-order my pagers.

8. If you could design your own Filofax what would it feature?

Big ring (especially for pocket size); HOBONICHI style pockets; 2 pen loops if possible; huge pen loop; the position of the pen loop can be moved up a bit for pocket size; full length pockets for personal size.

9. How do you carry your Filofax?

I put my Pocket size Filofax in my bag. No dust bag for it.

10. Which Filofax in the current range do you like the most? Are you going to buy it?

I am not sure yet. So far none of the new models can attract me.

11. What is the most you have ever spent on a Filofax? Which model?

I can’t remember if it is my Deco.

12. What's your favourite Filofax tip or hack?

Kent from OZ’s “How to expend the pen loop”. Although my pen loop is still not big enough after expending but it really works.

13. Turning to Philofaxy, what do you like the most?

LOL, can I say Adspot? And I love Web Finds.

14. And what do you not like about Philofaxy?

I like everything Philofaxy. But maybe the search and archive function can be improved a bit. I still remember I have dug at least an hour to find out when Steve published his 1st post on Philofaxy. LOL

15. What was the last music track you downloaded or bought?

Buzzcut Season - Single

16.  Mark Darcy or Daniel Cleaver? 

Mark Darcy

Thank you Steve!

And thank you Chen 琛  Don't forget to check out Chen's own planner inserts from her website.    If you would like to appear on Reader Under the Spotlight, please contact Steve philofaxy at gmail dot com

16 comments:

  1. Nice interview. I have found Fish's planner pages online in the past. It is nice to "meet" her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Fish's planner pages - they are all so well thought out and very useful. Great interview!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So nice to meet the woman behind all the DIYFish magic!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great to meet you Fish!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Luv u Fish!! It was nice to meet you!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Monnique! Thank you so much for your support!

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  6. So great to meet you Fish! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Laurie, it's so great to have the chance to introduce myself here.

      Delete
  7. So nice to learn more about you Fish! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome to see you here, Fish. Love your inserts. They're genius. I guess that makes you a genius!!!!

    ReplyDelete