27 October 2016

The Hitchhikers Guide to the Plannerverse - Episode 35

Wellness Planner.

You want to collect yourself and all your emergency data. Where do you start?

Listen in to Episode 35 where the gruesome twosome discuss various ideas for putting together a wellness planner and getting emergency contacts in order.

If you have ideas for future episodes please send them to steve at philofaxy dot com

Show Notes (timings approximate)
00:00 - Introductions
02:00 - Recent events
03:00 - Emergency contact numbers
04:30 - Emergency contact person to inform
06:45 - Have multiple ways of recording your contact list to cover every eventuality
07:45 - Mini Planner as a store of emergency information
08:45 - Key medical information
11:00 - Journalling
13:00 - 5 year journals
18:00 - Colour coding your week
21:00 - Animals/Pets records
22:00 - Doctors records
23:30 - What to carry with you and what store
25:00 - Record your prescription dates
26:30 - Sudden memory loss
28:00 - Thought/Task of the week
29:00 - Tip of week

Episode 35 - Wellness Planner


A direct download is also available here: Episode35.mp3

Show notes: A5 docx pdf  Personal docx pdf

NB: A5 is in A4 format so it can be scaled to suit A5 or A6 size. Personal is for printing direct on Personal size paper.



Presenters - Karine Tovmassian and Steve Morton
Editing and production - Steve Morton

Our Websites:
Karine: Plannerology, Karine Tovmassian (IG)
Steve: Philofaxy, Travellers Notebook Times, Mr Philofaxy (IG)

Naturally we would love to hear your feedback on the podcast. If you use iTunes please gives us your rating or reviews of the podcast.

Previous Episodes:


34 - Listeners Question - A5 docx pdf  Personal docx pdf
33 - Pens and other writing instruments - A5 docx pdf  Personal docx pdf
32 - Proper storage, care and shipping of planners, rings etc - A5 docx pdf Personal docx pdf
31 - Guest Interview - Louise Umeki - Plannercon 2017 - A5 docx pdf  Personal docx pdf
30 - Form Following Function -  A5 docx pdf  Personal docx pdf
29 - Seasonal To Do Lists - A5 docx pdf  Personal docx pdf
28 - Making and keeping annual goals - A5 docx pdf  Personal docx pdf
27 - Organising the family - A5 docx pdf  Personal docx pdf
26 - Guest interview - Theresa Hall - A5 docx pdf  Personal docx pdf
25 - Guest interview - Ray Blake - A5 docx pdf  Personal docx pdf
24 - Defining the important things from the urgent things - A5 docx pdf  Personal docx pdf
23 - Guest interview with Rita Sedani - A5 docx pdf  Personal docx pdf
22 - Printing your own inserts - A5 docx pdf  Personal docx pdf
21 - How to derail your planning system by over thinking - A5 docx pdf  Personal docx pdf
20 - Digital devices/services and your analogue planner - A5 docx pdf  Personal docx pdf
19 - What To Keep In Your 'Others' Tab - A5 docx pdf  Personal docx pdf
18 - Zombie Apocalypse Preparation - A5 docx pdf  Personal docx pdf
17 - Managing Finances In Your Planner - A5 docx pdf  Personal docx pdf
16 - Planning for those of us who actually can't live without planning, with guest co-host Carie Harling - A5 docx pdf  Personal docx pdf
15 - Automation NirvanaA5 docx pdf  Personal docx pdf
14 - Work Life Balance and Your Planner - A5 docx pdf  Personal docx pdf
13 - GTD Productivity And Using Your Paper Planner - A5 docx pdf  Personal docx pdf
12 - Job Seeking and Keeping - A5 docx pdf  Personal docx pdf
11 - Planner Fail -  A5 docx pdf  Personal docx pdf
10 - Planner Hacks - A5 docx pdf  Personal docx pdf
9 - Planner Planning - A5 docx pdf  Personal docx pdf
8 - Choosing Inserts - A5 docx pdf  Personal docx pdf
7 - How do you carry your planner - A5 docx pdf  Personal docx pdf
6 - Planners on the go - A5 docx pdf  Personal docx pdf
5 - Why would you pay more than the price of a Filofax? - A5 docx pdf  Personal docx pdf
4 - Using Your Planner To Create Permanent Habit Changes - A5 docx pdf  Personal docx pdf
3 - Getting on with two or more planners - A5 docx pdf Personal docx pdf
2 - Where to start your planning journey and why - A5 docx pdf  Personal docx pdf
1 - What size and why....  - A5 docx pdf  Personal docx pdf

6 comments:

  1. Yeah, wasn't much on FB anymore for 2 years now and have finally requested to delete my FB account :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was such an interesting one. I actually have all my emergency information at all times on my planner in case of emergency. There has been times when I´ve needed to be rushed to hospital and in those cases, I´ve had my planner at the ready. I once even came out of shock just to mumble to the paramedics "the red planner on the desk, TAKE IT!" before lights went out again and sure enough, I woke up in a hospital bed, with my Malden waiting patiently on the table next to the bed. I also have printed emergency information on the first page of my planner (it is in a plastic envelope, printed on bright yellow paper on black ink and a yellow sticky on top of the envelope. On the sticky note I´ve written with waterproof red ink "S.O.S. Read in case of emergency." I have rare genetic conditions that will requite immediate medication (and that medication is unknown to majority of medics here due to the very rareness. The things genealogy will to to ´ya...) and I also have a SOS bracelet in which I have written on waterproof paper with waterproof ink immediate information, and also there is a note to be found "find a planner for more detailed medical information on its first page". Needless to say, I don´t go out without my planner. Not even to take the recycling out.

    Now, onto planner sizes. I need to get us moved within a month. I was actually contemplating adopting a larger planner just to be able to do more of a detailed plan. There are some wonderful a4- sized planners about...In fact, just for inspiration I would be very interested to see Karine´s newest system. I actually am now doing more of a detailed version in a5 as a bound version, while the pocket is orbiting with me as a satellite.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Steve, if there is a possibility to make the 5 year journal pages, that would be AMAZING. I have a 5 year journal, but for the life of me I can't keep it up. I would love to keep an month of pages in my planner as so keep up the 5 year journal.
    It was nice to hear the back-up tips. I have my most important information and pictures back-up on my office computer and also on a stick that I leave at the office. And I have a back-up at home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I will sit down and try this out when I get a moment. I'm thinking of either 4 or 5 days (years) per page so the 1st Jan page would have 4 years on it etc.

      Delete
    2. Yeeheee for Mr Philofaxy :). I would LOVE personal size :) (daring to ask)

      Delete
    3. Email me steve at philofaxy dot com and I can send you the first prototype version 5 years, personal on A4

      Delete